- Black Hills Gas: 888-890-5554
- East Dubuque/Nicor Gas: 888-642-6748
- Alliant Energy/Electric: 800-255-4268
- Maquoketa Valley Electric: 800-927-6068
- Jo Carroll Electric: 800-858-5522
- Dubuque Water/Refuse: 563-589-4144
- East Dubuque Water/Refuse: 815-747-3416
- Asbury Water Department: 563-582-4151
- Media-com Cable/Phone/Internet: 563-557-8020
- BFI Waste Services: 563-556-5393
Contact the following with your new address:
- Charge accounts
- Post office with a change of address card
- Magazine subscriptions
- Newspapers or other deliveries
- Mail order clubs (music, book, or video)
- Past employers (in last year-to make sure you receive your W2’s)
- Investment Companies (ex. 401K)
Notify Insurance Companies:
- Check with agent for coverage of life, car & household items enroute to your new home
- School records for children
- Birth and church records
- Any legal records
- General practitioner-Dentist-Optometrist
- Have any prescriptions filled or get written prescription from doctor
Before You Make The Move…….
- Decide what you are taking with you and what you want to get rid of…maybe plan a garage sale.
- Get estimates from moving companies, if using one.
- Arrange for transporting pets or valuables.
- Pack a kit of necessities that you may need, but are packed away:
- Cleaning supplies
- Toilet paper
- Broom / mop / bucket
- Towels / rags
- Light bulbs
- Garbage bags
- First aid kit
If moving long distance:
- Have car tuned up
- Remember to keep kid’s books, games, or coloring book available for the road.